I’m turning 24 years old in 24 hours… ish. 23 was an important year and I’d probably say it was the best year of my life. Here’s 24 reasons why:
1) August 11, 2016 – my girlfriend treated me to a delicious meal at a REAL steakhouse #notoutback 😉
2) I went to my first baseball game. The Mets lost, of course 😂
3) Volunteered at Global Citizen Festival for the first time. Thank you, Patrick!
4) Witnessed one of my girlfriend’s dreams come true: she met her FAVORITE artist!
5) Saw Beyoncé for the SECOND time that year!
6) Completed my first Tough Mudder 💪🏼
7) Visited Austin, TX for the first time.
8) Went skydiving for the first time!
9) Visited Canada for the first time and spent New Years in Montreal.
10) Learned how to ski at Whiteface Mountain! Thank you, Kyle from ORDA, for organizing an amazing trip for us.
11) Went skiing for the SECOND time on Valentine’s Day.
12) Went skiing for the THIRD time, this time at Mountain Creek.
13) Seen and listened to two of my favorite women talk at BMCC, Chelsea Handler and Gloria Steinem.
14) On our way to a two-week vacation in California!
15) Fell in love with Palm Springs and San Jacinto State Park.
16) Came to the realization that Joshua Tree is my favorite national park thus far.
17) Went camping for the very first time (that little, orange tent is ours).
18) Hurt my neck looking up at the sequoias in Sequoia National Park.
19) Enjoyed the picturesque Mesquite Flat Sand Dunes in Death Valley National Park.
20) Unexpectedly spent time in Las Vegas with my family from LA.
21) Met my favorite spoken word artist, Rudy Francisco.
22) Started rock climbing. Thank you, Brooklyn Boulders! Looking forward to becoming a #beast 💪🏼
23) Seen my favorite artist, J. Cole.
24) And last but not least, here a few people that make every day worth it.
I’m looking forward to 24 being just as full of adventure as 23 was. I want to learn more about myself, the ones I love, and life. I want to continue falling in love with nature, CMG, and new experiences. I want to be myself wholeheartedly. I want to be honest with myself and those around me. I want to live every day like it’s my last.
And for those reading this, live your best life. Make a bucket list, make a list of what makes you happy and do it! If money is a problem, start a lemonade stand, start a GoFundMe, or wait until you have the money in place to make your dreams come true. It’ll be worth it when you’re telling your grandkids how much fun you had in your 20s. 😉
The lesbian who wants to live life to its fullest on her birthday and the other 364 days of the year